Saturday, October 20, 2012
Don't be fooled into thinking this sweater is to be worn by a 5 year old boy. No, no... it is the ultra preppy jumper that can be found at Joules. If the spotted dog is not your spirit animal, you have a few other options to choose from, try the fox, duck, or elk on for size.
Colenimo has a simple, earthy flair that still pulls off classy and fitted looks. I love the dotted collar and sleeves touch.
Friday, October 19, 2012
I tend to think about Halloween months in advance... say July.
I am essentially Tim Burton in a seemingly normal/nice young lady's body and THIS year I was inspired following the viewing of the french horror film "LIVID" muhahahaha!
Was it scary? Mostly.
Was it creepy? The creep effect is the highest of quality. I had never thought of it before, but vintage ballerinas are super scare-ville.
The costume is easy. The challenge is staying in character and making strange, jerky movements the entire night. This might also include stalking people and pretending to eat them.
Here's how to simply get the look (naturally I went a bit more over the top than what I am providing)
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
It ain't easy keeping your guests impressed, with how perfectly-perfect your cute table settings are and how much effing Martha Stewart effort went into the meal and decor! I'm sorry... this might just be a personal issue. This collection is a sure fire way to make the most apathetic of guests twinkle with glee and think, "Gee maybe June spends her time well, with so much eye for detail."
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
1. This Prisma Coin Purse by Alexander Wang reminds me of something that Dr. Frankenstein himself would design, in a most elegant and modern way, or course.
3. Somehow this is a very cute way to wear a beetle pendant by designer Kyoko Hashimoto. Not surprisingly inspired by Victorian mourning jewelry.
4. The coolest ballet slippers you'll see doing the Ciseaux! Naturally designed by none other than the classic Capezio.
Monday, October 15, 2012
November is nigh and this is about the time (regardless of the perfect 70 degree weather) I begin to consider all things comfortable and cozy, whilst keeping it chic and as un-grandma as possible - this can be difficult when looking for comfort and warmth. PS no offense Grandma - you're a true inspiration with this curation...
Cable Sailer Jacket from Scotch & Soda
Kimsa Peruvian Throw from abc home
Embroidered Wingtip Pillows from Terrain
Marni Knit Trouser Socks from Barneys
Gin and Tonic Soap from All Sorts
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
1. Halogen(R) Dot print cardigan @ Nordstrom
2. SittVancouver Black & White polka dot pillow @ Etsy
3. Loeffler Randall Dot calf hair pumps @ Harvy Nichols
4. BHLDN Ebony flecked gloves @ BHLDN
5. Zatchels Polka dot leather satchel @ Motel Rocks
Monday, October 8, 2012
I see a red door and I want it painted black! I am envious of these people who can plan a room that is all black and white - old hollywood! Unfortunately I am not this disciplined, nor sophisticated.
Here is how to get the look: